The system of safety and health at work in the company Rudnik and Flotacija Rudnik doo.
Safety and health at work includes creating working condition in which certain measures, activities and procedures that have been instituted are taken according to the exactly determined correct system of functioning in terms of management, individual responsibility and implementation, with the aim of protecting the lives and work of the employees and other persons who are present in the mining objects. In order to alleviate the destructive effects of the mining activities and to institute the appropriate world renowned systems of managing protection of health and the protection and preservation of the environment, we have begun, as perhaps the sole company in Serbia and in the region, to implement the following standards in the mining activity: ISO 9001:2008, ISO14001:2004 and SRPS ISO 45001:2018.
In the implementation of these procedures, we require the support of our closest associates and all the employees of the company Rudnik and Flotacija Rudnik doo, and we set the following general goals for the protection of health and safety at work:
- Providing a safe and healthy work environment, including systems for safe work as well as safe facilities, equipment and tools, eliminating as much as possible unsecured working conditions.
- Providing the most optimal and most suitable means of personal protection.
- Keeping up to date with modern techniques of preventing accidents by monitoring and the application of the newest standards from health and safety protection at work.
- Providing help to employees in rehabilitation after accidents and providing a quick and seamless return to work as soon as possible.
- Encouraging employees to report illnesses or injuries as soon as possible after the occurrence of an unfortunate event.
- Defining the responsibilities of the management and other responsible persons in terms of safety and health protection of the employees.
- Risk assessment for all work activities and the implementation of suitable control measures in order to minimize or preferably eliminate risks.
- Determining a system of safe working conditions, for all those activities which have or may have a significant impact on the safety and health of the employees, the implementation and monitoring of the activities in order to determine their efficacy and effectiveness on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all parties involved.
The system for safety and health at work is organized through the realization of the basic principles of functioning of risk management:
1) Promotion: changing the employees’ mindset on the importance of employing health and safety measures at work through the organization of various promotional activities and campaigns.
2) Prevention: activities related to health and safety at the work place should be focused on the prevention of work-related injuries, professional illnesses and work-related illnesses. Most work-related injuries and illnesses can be prevented, therefore prevention is the most cost-effective way to proactively solve the matter of health and safety at the work place.
3) Including all interested parties: all those taking part in the system of health and safety at work. At the work place, this includes the employees who carry out the work and their representatives for the matters of health and safety at work.
4) Responsibility: the fulfillment of obligations of the management to provide a safe and healthy work place and include the employees in all considerations of all matters related to health and safety at work, with the responsibility of the employees for their own safety with the implementation of the enabled measures and procedures.
5) Attainability: activities related to health and safety at work are based on the implementation of health and safety measures at work and the advancement of the knowledge and skills of those involved in the system and the allocation of necessary funds for the implementation of those measures in order to attain safe and healthy working conditions.